As a Legacy Builder, you already know how to keep money in the bank. You’ve probably already saved more than you’ll need for a comfortable retired life - and you’re in good company! Many people overestimate how much they’ll need to live their dream life. Chances are, your saving-savvy nature means you’ve already met your goal.
- To make sure you have met your goal, assess your nest egg: How much are you currently spending and how much are you saving?
- Calculate your debt payments and payoffs. If you’re doing it right, your debts won’t last forever.
- Remember housing, healthcare, and taxes!
- Invest in a retirement planner to help with your calculations and long-range planning.
Bottom line: You’re already a Legacy Builder, so don’t forget to take some time to celebrate and enjoy your accomplishments. Schedule A Call With Us
2. Stay Tax Smart
Taxes are the largest expense that many households face. Rethink your strategy by:
Schedule A Call With Us
- Diversifying your accounts: IRAs offer tax deferred growth potential and brokerage accounts offer taxable growth potential.
- Investing tax-efficiently though municipal bonds, mutual funds, and more.
- Don’t sell appreciated stocks until you have long-term capital gains.
- Explore tax-loss harvesting, which reduces income tax liability.
3. Invest in a Financial Advisor
As a Registered Investment Advisor, Halbert Hargrove is looking out for you: our Legacy Builders. Together, we can map out your long-term goals and develop a strategy to reach them. Did you know that as fiduciaries, we are legally bound to put your interests above our own? That’s why our clients trust us to guide the protection and optimization of their personal wealth.
The challenge you face now is how to direct your nest-egg so that it keeps working for you to give you what you really want.
- Maybe you want to travel
- Support a charity.
- Continue to build your wealth to pass on to your children.
- Or simply sleep better at night.
Now’s the time to find an advisor who earns your trust, who puts your interests first, and who understands not only your goals but your concerns. At Halbert Hargrove, we’ll work with you to develop a plan to balance the life you want to live today with the plans you have for the future… and adjust that plan as your goals and priorities shift.
Contact us today, and we’ll work with you to understand potential risks in order to keep your future safe and worry-free. Schedule A Call With Us
Halbert Hargrove Global Advisors, LLC (“HH”) is an SEC registered investment adviser located in Long Beach, California. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Additional information about HH, including our registration status, fees, and services can be found at www.halberthargrove.com. The above is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as personalized investment advice. The views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or a recommendation to buy or sell any investment. The information provided does not constitute any legal, tax or accounting advice. We recommend that you seek the advice of a qualified attorney and accountant. This material should not be relied upon by you in evaluating the merits of investing in any securities or products mentioned herein. In addition, the Investor should make an independent assessment of the legal, regulatory, tax, credit, and accounting and determine, together with their own professional advisers, if any of the investments mentioned herein are suitable to their personal goals. Investors should ensure that they obtain all available relevant information before making any investment. It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Both past performance and yield may not be a reliable guide to future performance.